[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Big week - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Big week
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:18 pm 

A good week with being off work. Still running a few water sets in Pa. and canine line over here. Caught three coyote this last three days, unfortunately 2 eaten up with mange real bad. The big pic was Tuesdays catch alone, probably my best all around day!

Post subject: Re: Big week
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 am 

thats a hell of a day! those coyotes look like the spawn of satin.. good job puttin those things out of their misery.. never seen one tht bad before! when u reported those do you tell them tht 2 had severe mange?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:26 am 

It is amazing. The difference between the coyote in the first picture and the second picture is incredible. They don't look like the same species.

Attachments:
german_shepherd_dog_1.jpg
german_shepherd_dog_1.jpg [ 41.46 KiB | Viewed 17621 times ]
chinese-crested-dog-ugly-animals.jpg
chinese-crested-dog-ugly-animals.jpg [ 40.46 KiB | Viewed 17621 times ]

Port

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 pm 

Yeah Hoyt, it came up when I reported it. They asked the sex and I told em I had no ideaa...they were so bad with mange I didnt handle them at all.

Hey, pulled out of northern pa today with the rat and mink season closing over there so early. Got an ermine in a mink set...neat stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 am 

wow tht little weasel is awesome thats an exciting surprise! i jus got two more coons and a beast male fox im pretty sure its one of my biggest its head is like a pittbulls.. 31 pounds and super pretty.. i never put a fox on a scale before but i was curious with this guy..

Attachments:
0109011746.jpg
0109011746.jpg [ 90 KiB | Viewed 17616 times ]
0109011758.jpg
0109011758.jpg [ 71.61 KiB | Viewed 17616 times ]
0109011803.jpg
0109011803.jpg [ 62.27 KiB | Viewed 17616 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:11 pm 

wow...huge fox. Nice.

Got three today. Havent seen a coon since christmas.
Had one stolen on the wma today too which would have made 4. Whole snare and extension were taken with the red. He carried it back to the lot in his right hand the whole way..dripped a spot of blood every twenty yards or so. Think I know which vehicle to watch for and his boot prints are pretty distinguishable....snow tells tales.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:17 am 

Thanks hes def a big guy.. and ive been gettin coons like crazy ive got five in lines i deliberately set for fox these are the other two i got with the fox i skinned them out real quick before they froze up on me i got them on stretchers now.. but what the fuck people are assholes how can you be that disrespectful to fellow hunters.. its probably some asshole immagrant from like edison or some shit hole that cant catch anything on his own so he has to steal a fox and hes probably gonna go brag like he put the effort and skill into trapping it. people suck and its not like thats the first time youve been swiped either.. mud do you sell alot of your furs or freeze them and wait for things to come back up in value or do you keep them all? i keep alot of mine and tan them out myself

Attachments:
0109012051.jpg
0109012051.jpg [ 100.52 KiB | Viewed 17612 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:27 am 

I usually sell at the end of the year. I'll get something tanned at Tubari if it's unique. The cat i'm having mounted, but that may be it...maybe the ermine.

I havent held stuff over. I'm afraid the beetles would get inot it over the spring and summer.

I sold to george minnuksma last year, but I may try to make it to the state auction this year if I can get it all put up by the end of March. I'm way behind, the freezer is packed

I'm not gonna lose sleep over 1 red. I'm closing in on 50 for the season and should pass that this weekend once I finish my work week here....life's too short to get my panties in a twist over 1. Price of doing business on the wma..if you cant handle losing a couple than dont bother setting it...it sucks, but there's enough over there in different areas to make it worth it to me.
It aggravated me because it was in a good spot that's good for atleast a couple more and the shithead will probably be back looking around. He snow tracked me for awhile. Walked over a couple other snares and walked by another fox he musta missed or couldnt untangle.

Where you been finding the coon, upland or near the water? usually deer feeders are where I try and hit once this weather sets in..when they move, that's where they usually head.

Hey, headed back to Pa again in a couple weeks for another go at beaver....lots of walking and chopping ice...if you wanna tag along one day, let me know. I could use a pack mule. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:49 pm 

yeahhh thats truee but people still suck.. im still a novice trapper ive only been doing it a few years i dont no all the ropes yet but im gettin there. so you skin and tan all your hides that must be a nightmare ill do around 20 for the year and be dreading it haha. but all the coons are right out back and now tht i think about it the snare line i set is not more then twenty yards from the creek on the ridge back there could be y im getting so many coons. haha and yeah thatd be awesome to tag along one day check out some of your techniques.. ill carry some shit around to learn 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm 

I dont tan...to hell with that. I can get tubari to do a yote for 20 bucks..easier that way if you only get one or two done...everything sold is just boarded and dried.