[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Pics from 2011/12 - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Pics from 2011/12
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:47 am 

Its all over..Fur is done and shipped. SOme is sold locally, the rest went to Toronto for international auction.

Unfortunately I dont have a real season end picture. Most of the raccoon and some of the reds and coyote were gone before I took this picture....this is what was sent to Toronto.

Finished the season in Pa on the beaver again. Lots of fun, but lots of work.

Hoyt joined me this year. We ran some of my old spots and dropped into a few new ones I always wanted to try, but hadnt gotten around to. Busy worker bee that Hoyt is..just gotta keep him supplied with lots of coffee!

Jersey was good from the start. Focused on coon this year mostly (a mistake) as the market ultimately tanked on them while taking off on everything else.

But did get a few unique ones. One is at the taxidermist, the other I'm getting tanned as a hide.

Pennsy cat season was a blast as usual back in December. Three cats for the one week keeping the biggest and prettiest Tom.

Right after cat season, it was back to Nj in beaver zone 21. Limited out in about a week. All big boys this season. Heaviest for the season was about 54 pounds in Pa, but quite a few others over fifty and most over 42 lb out of 27 NJ/PA beaver.

All along kept picking away at the reds. Shoulda focused more on them as it turns out, but left lots of seed in most places for next season.

Ended up a great season with lots of memories. Enjoying getting some rest, but within a few weeks I'll be looking forward to it all over again. Hoyt, add some of your pics...

Post subject: Re: Pics from 2011/12
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:14 pm 

Hey Mud, that is an awesome rundown of your season. I love seeing the pictures, and the way you narrated it along the way. Very Cool. You are my hero.

Port

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:48 pm 

<333333333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:03 pm 

LOL, I wasnt much of a hero floundering around in a river up to my armpits in a freezing river with that pack basket full of river water, lol! ask Hoyt, he got to witness that little mishap first hand...or getting my hand caught in a 330 magnum over there. Officially joined the "330 club". Hand still has a lump where the top bar caught me!

Hell, I'm ready already for it again. Rest is for when I'm dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 pm 

The 330 club? I'm still trying to get into the With a Real Girl Club.

Looks like you tried to take food away from a Rottie that wasn't your.

Maybe next season I'll go along also; I'm not very smart, but I can carry heavy things.

Port

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:00 am 

Dude What state are you trapping in? Awsome catch.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:48 pm 

Port, you want no part of the 330 club...trust me. I got nailed half way through March and that lump is still under the skin on my hand. Not sure it I got a broken little bone or two in there or what.

Predatornitemare, everything is from Jersey except the cats and a bunch of the beaver come from Pa. I didnt do any canine over there this year. My canine catch over here was actually down almost 50% this season. I focused more on the water critters this past season. I go to Pa. for the cat in December and spring beaver. I range up to about an hour out, maybe a little more for the beaver if the sign is decent enough.

The cinnamon coon is scheduled for delivery today...looking forward to seeing it.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:27 am 

So? How does it look?

Port

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:18 pm 

hahah all i hear is "ohh shit" i turn around and theres mud only thing out of water is his head, eyes as big as dinner plates and hes struggling cuz his pack basket is filled with gear and water i had to rip him out by his ears lol... shit was priceless!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 am 

LOL...and what happened????? We kept settin'!!! Git-R-Done!!

Think one of the cooler things was hearing the one 330 go off while we were still setting and checking it on our way out..One dead beaver with ten minutes of soak time. Gotta love it. Always wanted to see one get caught, hearing one was the next best thing. Lots of changes in regs going into next season over there. Not gonna be easy. Limits on Conibears and distance restriction on the dams. Gonna be a tough season over there between that and the price jump with more competition. The old dogs will be back in the game with 40-50$ beaver. Lots of them boy know alot more than me about beaver, but will they walk as far...that is the question.

My cameras are ready to roll, just gotta wait for their turkey season to wind up. DOnt wanna risk losing them. That spot where we heard the one caught is the shit..I know it's far, but I like those dams on the first side we checked first for crossovers...I'm tellin you they scream cat. two of them if I remember right on that side. I want cameras on those two and the one we talked about. Alot of gear to lay out over there, but I think cat limits are to be had in there. No deer exclosure like I usually run, but they have the look. Got a funny feeling about the dams on that far side..Got a feeling I might see my first Fisher on camera there. I dont know why, just a funny vibe. I ran across a set of tracks that one snowy day in February I was out there that I thought were Otter, but they were off the water..More I've thought about those prints, I'm thinking they may have been a Fisher.

Looks good Port...The toes are a little beat up from him reaching through the cage all night and the putty around the eyes is a little visible. My only real critique is that she doesnt texture the nose.

Problem with being a trapper and looking at taxi work is that we see so many of the damn things close up, we know exactly how they naturally look. Any flaw that most people wouldnt notice is noticed pretty quick if you're handling damn near a hundred coon a year. I'm scared to death to see my 2010 cat. Ive seen enough of them now that I know how they "should" look. I cant even get a call back from the taxidermist on that one and I'm getting aggravated with it already. I dont mind the wait, but christ, return the freaking call.