[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Lizards - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Lizards
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm 

I met Port a month or so ago when I was picking up a new bow, and I mentioned I was heading to Polk county FL (lake Hancock) to hunt alligators with my brother. He told me about the site and said you guys might like to see some pictures if I could connect with a lizard. Well we got 2 (one 9 ft 320 lbs, the other 8 ft 210 lbs). As you guys probably know, you hunt gators at night, and this was my second time out. We found a small creek mouth that was separated from the main lake, and when we flashed the light across the creek mouth, there were about 50 sets of eyes looking at us. The first night we fought 2 big gators for over 5 hours, but they ran into heavy cover. We could not get them any closer than 25 yards from the boat, and they were both buried in the grass. Each time we got out of the boat to get close enough for a shot with the bow, and each time they broke off before we could get arrows in them. Very disappointing, but that’s how it goes. I can tell you that your adrenaline gets to pumping when you are in a swamp, big alligators swimming all around, hissing, thrashing, hogs squealing (heard a pig getting ripped apart), and the guide say “Boys, we have to get out of the boat if you want that gator”. Had to get out of the boat for one of these as well, and my brother is already talking about heading back out next year for that 12 footer.

I have only been shooting a bow for 4 years, been out hunting for the last 2. Still have not killed a deer, but I am trying to remedy that every chance I get. I am in Morris county NJ so land to hunt is an issue.

Attachments:
gators 2010 004.jpg
gators 2010 004.jpg [ 166.65 KiB | Viewed 63267 times ]
gators 2010 012.jpg
gators 2010 012.jpg [ 142 KiB | Viewed 63267 times ]

Post subject: Re: Lizards
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:38 pm 

I am completely pscyked.
Look at these pictures. That has to be one of the coolest things you can do with a bow. I can imagine how spooky that must have been. Getting out of the boat is probably the last thing you wanted to do, especially in the dark. Just cool!
That is something I have got to try. I wonder if my underwear will still be clean when it's time to get back in the boat.
Maybe we can help you locate a Jersey victim, or two. If you can keep your composure, and make the shot on a gator in the dark, a daytime shot on a deer will be a piece of cake.

Port

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 am 

Any and all help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm 

What did you do with them? They would make your significant other a nice purse and matching boots to match. You all know how important it is to match! Hey, If you are going hunting in Morris Co. youre gonna have to loose the shorts and tee shirt. It was 28 this morning, and the buck are runnen! Get out there before it's too late. Nice job on the Gators. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 pm 

The gators go to a processor, where they are checked in, skinned and butchered. We should get about 60 lbs of meet from the jowles and tails - good eatin if you have never had it. I think I am going to have it mounted - front half of the gator, sort of like he is coming through the wall snapping at you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 am 

That is Crazy Cool.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:33 am 

Yeah, I would really like to give that a try. Big time adrenaline rush, I'll bet.

Port

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:08 am 

Get out of the boat ? At night? I would have to think long and hard on that .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:41 am 

That there is neat. I still get a thrill out of shooting a big carp...that would be something.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm 

Awesome job on the gators ! ! ! ! I have had gator before and it wasn't bad, a little greasy, but not bad ! !