[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Starting Small - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Starting Small
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:02 am 

I guess I will start the ball rolling. I didn't know which picture to throw up here first, but then it occured to me that this wouldn't be Whitetailkillers if I didn't also start screwing with someone right away. We love to tease each other, and the uglier the better.
I figured I would start small, so here is a "cigarette", and one of my favorite members.

cigarette= easy draggin'

Smoke em' if you got em'

Attachments:
cigarette.jpg
cigarette.jpg [ 72.38 KiB | Viewed 2916 times ]

Port

Post subject: Re: Starting Small
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 am 

It,s all good . I have smoked a few my self . They taste good ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:30 pm 

#1son:
Did you get taller or is that a rabbit with small ears?

#1son is only 4ft tall and the deer still looks small.

:mrgreen:

Chelle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 am 

POW! It's on again....... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:56 pm 

You bet Buddy! It's on like Donkey Kong!

Port

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:42 pm 

I started this section with a post "Starting Small". I figured the teasing would start quickly, and I guess what goes around, comes around. I finally connected Tuesday night with a doe in N.J., and it was a cigarette.
Saturday morning I was in my 7:10 am tree, and the deer showed up right on time. About 7:05 I had a large doe with two skippers show up. The doe was real sketchy and they never provided me with a shot. I couldn't hunt Saturday afternoon, but spirits were high.
Sunday morning had The Rackmaster in the video stand. We got in quietly, and Rackmaster hung the video stand above the hot seat. When he was up out of my way, I climbed up. As soon as I stepped onto the platform one of the support cables snapped. The other cable held so I strapped in, and then made a make shift cable out of a drag rope, and the hunt was on. Before too long five big does were headed our way. I grabbed my bow and reached back to give Rackmaster the "here they come!" tap on the leg. Again I had lead doe problems. One of the other does was headed to the freezer when the lead doe turned and drug the other does off with her. We were deflated.
Sunday afternoon was a long lonely sit.
Monday evening a Severe Thunderstorm Watch was issued right as I arrived at my spot. I figured maybe I could catch them moving before, or after, the storm. At 6:10 pm I saw a doe headed for cover, then the storm hit. It had just about shook me out of the tree by the time it started to slow down. Severe it was. It started to get bright again and deer started flowing back out like water. Right game plan, wrong tree.
By Tuesday evening I was fired up. It was time to fill that doe obligation, and free up the buck tag. I had a skipper show up around 6:55 pm and head right in. I looked for a mature doe, but she was alone. "Sorry for your luck Honey, but you get it." She gave me the sweet spot, and I took it. I entered in the crease and exited through the opposite shoulder. " Good night!" The Muzzy 4 blade 100 made such a clean exit hole, that I figured I would show you guys. Love that broadhead. It busted a shoulder, stuck six inches in the ground, and still looks brand new. TOUGH!
So here she is, my cigarette. My season has officially started now. Shoot em' up guys, and remember

cigarette= easy draggin'

Oh yeah, check your stands for rusty cables under the plastic coating. It is a crappy feeling when you think you're taking the express route to the ground.

Attachments:
9-14-10 005-1.jpg
9-14-10 005-1.jpg [ 56.26 KiB | Viewed 2858 times ]
9-14-10 002.jpg
9-14-10 002.jpg [ 101.29 KiB | Viewed 2858 times ]

Port

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:12 am 
Site Admin

The plastic wrapped corpse looks like a mob hit in the back of the Subaru. I love it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:26 pm 

haha love the story and you put the smack down on her.. thumbs up :D now its time to put the hammer down on a slammer buck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 am 

I was out last night with a new member, but an old friend. He took me to a spot he has had for years, and put me in the hot seat. We got settled in around 4:00 pm for the afternoon sit. Once I had checked the yardage on some landmarks, I decided it was a Rage 3 Blade night.
Right around 6:00 pm a mature doe showed up. She was all by her lonesome, and nice and calm. Just right for a victim. She was behind some barberry for a while so I left the bow on the hook. I took out the phone and the camera, and took a couple before pictures.
She stood with her vitals exposed for too long. I couldn't take it and the bow just jumped into my hand. She looked away one too many times, and the bow just came to full draw. "Good Bow!" Then the release just let go of the string all by itself. "Good Release!"
The death scramble was on! She did manage to get about fifty yards before she went ass over tea kettle, right into a blow down. Number two, in the first full week, was on the ground. Commence treestand dance.
The shot was the same as number one doe, just reversed. The Rage made a great set of holes, and blood was everywhere. The broadhead looks like I beat it with a hammer though. After going through the shoulder and sticking it in the ground, it's junk. Certainly not as durable as the Muzzy. We hooked the Ez Tag-n-Drag to her and pulled her out. Sweet.
So here she is the lovely number two.

Attachments:
number2.jpg
number2.jpg [ 142.48 KiB | Viewed 2849 times ]
File comment: Unbelieveable blood trail
ragetree.jpg
ragetree.jpg [ 79.47 KiB | Viewed 2849 times ]
File comment: Entrance wound
number2after.jpg
number2after.jpg [ 131.73 KiB | Viewed 2849 times ]

Port

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:34 pm 

WOW ! ! ! Blood red my broadhead ! What a fantastic mess. I too will hopefully be doing the death stomp in my treestand when deer season starts here.