[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Perseverance ... My first buck - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 pm 

This is my first buck I've ever taken. I've been hunting almost a year, I have pics of this deer all summer then once the season started he went nocturnal not a single day time pic. Early season I passed up two 6 pt's on this property and a 7 point on another property all with hopes of seeing this buck. I put in tons of hours in this stand and my patience and hopes were running low. Then on 11-11-12 at 7:00 am on the dot, I look up and see a buck walking up through the thicket. At first I thought it was one of the 6's but I grabbed my bow just incase, made 2 soft grunts he stopped looked n came in from 70 yards to 40 yards I grunted again he looked checked the wind and moved closer. This is when I realized it was the 8 I had been obsessing/ chasing all year. If I said my heart was beating out of my chest that would be a understatement. He was now 20 yards to my right and I had no shot. I was frozen in the tree trying not to shake and he checked wind and walked directly infront of me. He looked to his right I pulled back anchored put my pin on his shoulder, took a breath and squeezed. As I heard the "Swhack" he bucked so hard he fell on his face. I had seen blood from the entrance instantly, he ran about 20 yards stopped looked around and grunted twice and dropped right there. Knowing I made an awesome shot and watched him drop I called my father and told him I shot the 8 I had been after come down but give me 10 min. He couldn't understand why I wanted him to wait 10 minutes, I was shaking so bad I didn't even want to attempt to get out of the tree. Once he showed up 10 long minutes later I got down we walked into the thicket and there he was. I've done a lot of stuff I've raced motocross since I was young, I've lead pulled starts with 40 other bikes next to me, I've lead races and points chases. None of that compares to shooting that buck.

If it wasn't for a few close hunting buddy's and my family telling me to hang in there and keep hunting hard that it will all pay off, I wouldn't of been in that tree that morning. If it wasn't for my properly set up and tuned bow from strictly archery and all the tips and tricks that Tom and everyone down there has taught me the outcome of this hunt would be completely different.

But most importantly if it wasn't for my dad hanging out with me in the yard every night over the summer shooting after work. Waking up early every Sunday to drive to a 3D shoot. On his days off helping me hang stands in 100 degree heat. If he didn't have such good hunting story's and encouragement to keep getting out there I would of never got to enjoy the thrill I did on 11-11-12

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 130.9 KiB | Viewed 27633 times ]

HOYT rampage- trophy ridge 5pin alpha micro V5, doinker stabilizer , quad hd rest

GOLDTIP hunter xt - 100 grain Swhacker 1.75" broadheads

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:10 pm 

11-11-12

Attachments:
image1.jpg
image1.jpg [ 219.47 KiB | Viewed 27633 times ]

HOYT rampage- trophy ridge 5pin alpha micro V5, doinker stabilizer , quad hd rest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 pm 

Me and my dad

Attachments:
image3.jpg
image3.jpg [ 106.23 KiB | Viewed 27633 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:13 pm 

congrats man!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 pm 

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:18 pm 

good 1st buck congrats guy......good story too.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 pm 

Awesome buck my friend. Congratulations!
Love that you shoot custom Mario Montana colored strings.
The story was perfect, makes me miss my pop.

Port

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 am 

Thanks bud!!! Haha I thought you would like that!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 am 

Congrats bro that is a great story.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:45 pm 

Mario really likes the custom string color's haha... He said I can't use his colors anymore. But I may have to stick with them