[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
big buck down opening day! - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:08 pm 

so i got my big 9 point with the kicker opening evening i will have the pics up and loaded in a few days.. i got my big doe in the morning made a perfect shot at 40 yards double lung shot she made it 30 yards and piled up.. my buddy i was hunting with also got a doe so we went and tagged our deer and then stopped at my buddys house to make some breakfast and celebrate the good hunt.. Now its on im after the buck i got back into the woods at 3 on my way in i busted out a big buck i thought it was the buck i was after but it was a smaller wide ten with a white rack was really happy it wasnt my buck. got set up in my tree and around 2 hours later i hear a stick snap i figured it was a squirrel but i glance to my left and through the green leaves i can see a big rack about 40 yards away i knew it was him he came in really slow feeding on acorns and finally he was at 20 yard in a perfect opening but quartering towards me. it seemed like forever but was really only maybe 5-10 mins of bad shot angle til he made the mistake of turning broadside and stepping his front leg forward exposing the best vital shot you could have so i drew back settled my pin on him made sure i took my time and let it fly. i heard the wack and he bronco kicked he took two big leaps made it about 15 feet stopped for a second and collapsed i couldnt believe what i just did i just shot the biggest buck of my life on opening day and its gotta be between 150-160 i could hear my heart beating in my ears i really had to calm my self down for like 15 mins before i could attempt to climb down my tree.. i went down and got my hands on him and high fived my self called my buddys and dad and everyone was excited for me to get him home and show boat him. good scouting and tree stand placment paid off, a little luck as well but it seemed like he read the playbook perfect. im syked i cant wait to see what you guys put the smack down on..Good luck and safe hunting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:22 pm 

:D CONGRATS ! ! ! It's so great when a plan comes together ! That's so awesome, I and I'm sure everybody on the site can't wait for you to post pics !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:15 am 

Kick Ass, Hoyt! That is how to do it. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Congratulations

Port

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:12 pm 

8-) Congrads I can wait to see the pictures I think i hunt property thats next to yours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:58 pm 

Here he is girls... he scored 149 my biggest bow kill im syked

Attachments:
bigbuck1.jpg
bigbuck1.jpg [ 95.64 KiB | Viewed 2204 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:40 am 

OH YEAH DUDE!

That is an awesome buck. The picture doesn't dissapoint. The only thing missing is the celebratory Coors. We have to get together so I can buy you a beer. That is a buck worth drinking to.
Congratulations again.

Port

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:27 pm 

Nice goin Hoyt...havent been on in awhile. I havent even been out yet. work has been tough this past week or so. Congratulations!

You seen that goofball at all? I havent seen him, but like I said I havent really been around much. My wife said she saw a big one behind the house this morning before I got home, but said it was just a nice 8, nothing too great, just nice. Probably the one I've had around all summer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:09 pm 

thanks guys.. mud i havent seen that freak yet i haven't been out back there hunting yet i plan on takin the recurve out now for some does but im lookin forward for some of ur guys pics. good luck out there

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:30 pm 

and port ill take you up on that coors 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:18 am 

Nice kill congrats to ya!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable