[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
My first buck!!! - Whitetailkillers.com

Whitetailkillers.com

We're all about hunting!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: My first buck!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:01 pm 

Well after 16 years of hunting I finally shot my first buck on Saturday. He came in about 10 minutes before legal shooting time ended and I smoked him!

We had just got done rebuilding the stand over a 2 week period. It had quite a few years of wear. After a lot of hard work and preparation this was the first sit.

Not much action happened before the last 15 minutes of light. I saw a doe come out into the field behind me headed away so I let out 2 small doe bleats and didn't see much movement after that. All of the sudden I saw a rack moving through the trees headed my direction in the field. I grabbed my bow and waited for him to pop out into the open. The last I saw of him he was headed towards that doe in the opposite direction. So I hung the bow back up and let out 2 more doe bleats and got myself prepared. Less then a minute later I saw him headed right in. He looked as if he was going to head into the head row but then made a quick left and walked 15 yards directly in front of me for a clean broadside shot. I drew back, aimed and let it rip. He keeled over no more than 10 yards away from where the arrow was sticking out of the ground and that was all she wrote.

The excitement and joy that came over me is indescribable. I'm still in awe over this whole thing. I can't thank Jimmy and Port enough for the continued support, guidance and great times. And what's even better is, the season is still young!

Attachments:
First buck.jpg
First buck.jpg [ 233.61 KiB | Viewed 5365 times ]
20131012_202044_resized.jpg
20131012_202044_resized.jpg [ 235.98 KiB | Viewed 5412 times ]
20131012_215304_resized.jpg
20131012_215304_resized.jpg [ 262.81 KiB | Viewed 5412 times ]

Post subject: Re: My first buck!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:09 am 

:mrgreen: Nice job...

Thumper Arrows
Quad Ultra rest
Ramcat Broadheads
= Meat in the Freezer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 pm 

hell of a first buck.. good work. congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:47 pm 

Nice buck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:26 pm 

hope you have a big wall... :lol: good job... :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable